BSc and MSc Thesis Advising
The database systems research group offers several interesting topics for a bachelor or master thesis. These topics focus primarily on aspects related to the management and analysis of spatial, spatio-temporal data. Specific topics include
- mining social media such as Twitter or Flickr
- event detection from data streams
- management and analysis of geometric graphs
- graph similiarity
- spatial data mining
- volunteered geographic information such as OpenStreetMap
In the area of Information Retrieval and Text Mining, we offer thesis topics focusing on
- temporal information retrieval aspects
- extraction of location and time information from documents
- event detection from text streams
- development of graphical user interfaces in support of temporal document exploration tasks
Students interested in working on a thesis with members of the research group should contact Prof. Dr. Michael Gertz.
A list of finished theses can be found here.