Guidelines for Writing a Thesis
- Carefully review the information provided on the university's website. There is a lot of useful information about the curriculum in general and about requirements for writing a thesis, e.g., here and here.
- Make sure you are familiar with the examination regulations ("Prüfungsordnung") that apply to you.
- If you are not sure how to find related literature for your thesis, use the resources we provide here before contacting us for help.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your thesis meets the requirements of a scientific paper. We do not provide support regarding format and style of your thesis, as these issues are discussed in the seminars that are part of your curriculum.
- Helpful guidelines are listed for example in the following three documents:
Dos and don'ts, Universität Heidelberg, Anette Frank
Leitfaden zur Abfassung wissenschaftlicher Arbeiten, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Katarina Klein
Leitfaden zur Abfassung wissenschaftlicher Arbeiten, TU Dresden, Maria Lieber
We provide a LaTeX template that you can use to write your thesis. It is based on the template provided here. If you don't know how to use LaTeX, we strongly recommend that you start learning it now. If you choose to not use LaTeX, make sure that the formatting of your thesis corresponds to this template.