Phone: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 - 4412
Fax: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 - 5684
I studied Information - communication systems with minors in data mining and human mobility knowledge extraction at the University of Novi Sad. I received my diploma in 2010 and enrolled 2 years of PhD studies at my home University, mainly working on spatio-temporal clusterization and aggregation of publicly available multimedia contents. During November 2012, I was a visiting researcher at the Faculty of Sciences, University of Ghent, working on the subject: "A comparative study on Bluetooth-Flickr/YouTube usage in human mobility patterns extraction".
From January 2013, I'm a PhD student and a researcher at the Database System Research of Prof. Dr. Michael Gertz and a member of "CrowdAnalyser" Research Training Group (RTG).
Spatio-temporal data mining, human mobility and social interaction, social network analysis, knowledge management and data visualization.
- (Jan, 2010 - Dec, 2012) Junior Researcher, Dept. of Power, Electronic and Telecommunication, University of Novi Sad
- (Jan, 2009 - May, 2009) Software consultant, SAP AG, Vienna (internship)
- Fellowship for Individual doctoral training funded trough the Landesgraduiertenförderung (LGFG)
- "Experience Europe - Serbian Young Professionals in Austria", Working practice program, Dr. Zoran Đinđić, 2009
- Fellowship from Ministry of education 2005-2008
- K. Gavric, P. Lugonja, M. Mirkovic, D. Culibrk, V. Crnojevic, "Detecting Attractive Locations and Tourists' Dynamics Using Geo-Referenced Images, International Conference on Telecommunications in Modern Satellite, Cable and Broadcasting Services (TELSIKS), Niš, Serbia, 2011
- K. Gavric, D. Culibrk, M. Mirkovic, V. Crnojevic, "Using YouTube Data to Analyze Human Continent-Level Mobility, The International Conference on Computational Aspects of Social Networks (CASON), Salamanca, Spain, 2012
- K. Gavric, S. Sladojevic, D. Culibrk, "Semantic Place Prediction FTS", Mobile Data Challenge by Nokia, 2012
- D. Culibrk, K. Gavric, V. Crnojevic, "Derivating Basic Laws of Human Mobility Using Community-Contributed Multimedia Data, International Conference on Pattern Recognition Applications and Methods (ICPRAM), Barcelona, Spain, 2013
- K. Gavric, S. Brdar, D. Culibrk, V. Crnojevic, "Linking the Human Mobility and Connectivity Patterns with Spatial HIV distribution", D4D challenge+NetMob Conference, MIT, Boston, 2013