Tran Van Canh (Trần Văn Cảnh)
I finished B.Sc at Vinh University, and then received master degree in Computer Science from Asian Institute of Technology (AIT) in 2004. Since October 2010, I am a PhD student at the Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg in the Database Systems Research group of Prof. Dr. Michael Gertz.
I defensed my PhD thesis on 4th August 2014. The title of the thesis is "Learning Social Links and Communities from Interaction, Topical, and Spatio-Temporal Information". The thesis is available here.
NEW! Since April 2016 I am a postdoctoral researcher at the L3S Research Center, Leibniz University Hannover.
- Spatio-temporal data mining
- Social network data analysis
- Information retrieval and text mining
- 2010 - 2014 : PhD student at the University of Heidelberg
- 2005 - 2009 : Lecturer at Faculty of Information Technology, Vinh University
- 2003 - 2004 : Master study at Asian Institute of Technology
- 2000 - 2002 : Technical assistant at Vinh University
- Tran Van Canh and Michael Gertz. rLinkTopic: A Probabilistic Model for Discovering Regional LinkTopic Communities. To appear in: 2014 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining ASONAM 2014. Beijing, China, August 17-20, 2014
- Jannik Strötgen, Thomas Bögel, Julian Zell, Ayser Armiti, Tran Van Canh, and Michael Gertz. Extending HeidelTime for Temporal Expressions Referring to Historic Dates. To appear in: 9th Edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC'14), Reykjavic, Iceland, May 21-31, 2014.
- Jannik Strötgen, Ayser Armiti, Tran Van Canh, Julian Zell, and Michael Gertz.
Time for More Languages: Temporal Tagging of Arabic, Italian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing (TALIP).
- Tran Van Canh and Michael Gertz. A Spatial LDA Model for Discovering Regional Communities. 2013 IEEE/ACM International Conference on Advances in Social Networks Analysis and Mining ASONAM 2013. Niagara Falls, Canada, August 25-28, 2013.
Christian Sengstock, Michael Gertz, Tran Van Canh. Spatial Interestingness Measures for Co-location Pattern Mining. International Workshop on Spatial and Spatiotemporal Data Mining (SSTDM-12), in conjunction with IEEE ICDM, Brussels, December 10-13, 2012.
- Tran Van Canh and Michael Gertz. A Constraint Neighborhood based Approach for Co-location Pattern Mining. In The Fourth International Conference on Knowledge and System Engineering, KSE 2012, Danang, Vietnam, 2012.
Data Analysis Tools:
Slides & Others: