Phone: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 - 5708
Fax: +49 (0) 6221 / 54 - 5684
I got my B.Sc in Computer Science from The Arab American University – Jenin. In 2008 I got my M.Sc in Computer Science from The University of Jordan. Starting from 2010, I am working as a researcher and PhD student at the Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg in the Database Systems Research group of Prof. Dr. Michael Gertz.
- Graph Data Mining
- 2009 – 2010 Instructor at Birzeit University
- 2009 – 2010 Data Integration Engineer at Global Software Services, Inc.
- 2008 – 2009 Instructor at Al-Quds Open University
- 2005 – 2008 Data Integration Engineer at PDF Solutions
- 2010 – 2014 DAAD Research Grant for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics and Scientists
- 2006 – 2008 DAAD Third Country Scholarship
- 2001 – 2005 Palestinian Education Foundation Scholarship
- Ayser Armiti.
Geometric Graphs: Matching, Similarity, and Indexing.
PhD Thesis, Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science, February 2015.[pdf]
Ayser Armiti and Michael Gertz.
Vertex Similarity - A Basic Framework for Matching Geometric Graphs.
In Proceedings of the 16th LWA Workshops: KDML, IR and FGWM, Aachen, Germany, September 8-10, 2014. [pdf]
- Ayser Armiti and Michael Gertz.
Geometric Graph Matching and Similarity: A Probabilistic Approach.
In: 26th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM'14), Aalborg, Denmark, June 30-July 2, 2014. [pdf]
- Jannik Strötgen, Thomas Bögel, Julian Zell, Ayser Armiti, Tran Van Canh, and Michael Gertz.
Extending HeidelTime for Temporal Expressions Referring to Historic Dates.
In: 9th Edition of the Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC'14), Reykjavic, Iceland, May 21-31, 2014.
- Jannik Strötgen, Ayser Armiti, Tran Van Canh, Julian Zell, and Michael Gertz.
Time for More Languages: Temporal Tagging of Arabic, Italian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
In: ACM Transactions on Asian Language Information Processing (TALIP), 13(1), pages 1-21, 2014, ACM.
- Ayser Armiti and Michael Gertz
Efficient Geometric Graph Matching Using Vertex Embedding.
In: 21 ACM International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (SIGSPATIAL'13). Pages 234–243, Orlando, Florida, November 5-8, 2013.[pdf]
- Serhan, S., Armiti, A. and Herbawi, W.
A heuristic distributed system load balancing technique with optimized network traffic.
AMSE/D Journals,Vol.15, no.2, 2010.